Delicious Infused Mexican Hot Chocolate
Whether you’re posting up by the campfire at Camp Nice or cozying up indoors, hot chocolate is a staple beverage to keep you feeling nice and warm when the temps start to drop and the leaves start to turn in preparation for fall.
If you’re looking to turn up the heat a notch, and add a little spice to your cup of cocoa, our thick and creamy infused Mexican hot cocoa will get you feeling nice and toasted.
What You Need to Make Bhang's Infused Mexican Hot Chocolate
Bhang’s Infused Mexican Hot Chocolate is easy to make and only requires 5 ingredients to get the job done. If you prefer your coco un-infused, you can swap in you cocoa mix of choice.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large saucepan
- Liquid measure
- 1/4 cup masa harina corn tortilla flour
- Bhang chocolate (optional to use infused chocolate)
- 4 cups milk of your choice (we prefer oat milk)
- 3.25 oz cacao mix
- a pinch of Cinnamon
- a pinch of Mexican spice mix
- a pinch if Cayenne (add more if you like it spicy)
- 3 oz piloncillo cones chopped or 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (optional for less sweetner)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground anise seeds for extra flavor
- Marshmallows to finish it off!
How to make Infused Mexican Hot Chocolate
Make your infused Mexican hot cocoa in 4 easy steps. This recipe makes a total of 4 delicious servings that you can share with your friends!
- In a large saucepan, slowly add masa harina to your milk of choice, whisking until combined.
- Stir in the cacao mix, spices, piloncillo, and ground anise seeds to the masa harina and milk.
- Heat mixture over medium heat just until boiling.
- Reduce heat and Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and sugar is dissolved, whisking occasionally.
- Add marshmallows and drizzle with Bhang Chocolate! Serve immediately and enjoy.
Tag us @bhangnation #bhetterwithbhang to share your creation!