Score points with our Super Bowl inspired cookie recipe!
Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Total Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes Yield: 28 (3.5 inch) cookies
- 2 and 1/4 cups (281g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks; 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- optional for flavor: 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Non-infused chocolate mixed with Bhang Chocolate (or desired dose)
- Icing (optional to make from scratch)
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract and beat on high speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Stack the pieces, with parchment paper between the two, onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line with baking sheets
- Remove one of the dough pieces from the refrigerator and cut into shapes with a football cookie cutter!
- Arrange cookies on baking sheets 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before decorating.
Decorating your cookies:
- Spoon 1/2 cup of it into a separate bowl. This icing will remain white.
- Melt your chocolate and lather across your cookie. Allow chocolate to cool and set (place the cookies in the fridge to speed up the process).
- Using piping tip, pipe the white laces/lines on top like a football. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired. Allow white icing to set.
- Enjoy cookies right away or wait until the icing sets!