Yield: 4 Prep time: 10 MINUTES Additional time: 2 HOURS Total time: 2 HOURS 10 MINUTES
Bhang Chocolate Mousse that is deliciously loaded with rich chocolate flavor.
- 2.16 cup (500ml) of Whipping Cream
- 2 Gelatin Sheets
- 2 large (85g) Eggs
- 1 large (50g) Egg yolks
- ¼ cup (50g) of Granulated sugar
- 1.88 cup (300g) of non-infused Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
- Set aside Bhang Chocolate bars
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Once the cream is whipped, store in the refrigerator.
- Place the dark non-infused chocolate in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Continue to stir until all pieces are melted. Set aside.
- Time to prepare the gelatin! Place the gelatin sheets in a small bowl filled with cold water for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Cook the egg mixture: Mix the egg yolks, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar together in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Continuously whisk the mixture until it thickens and reaches about 60ºC.
- Place the egg mixture in a stand mixer (or in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer) and whisk on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the gelatin. Squeeze the water out of the soaked gelatin sheets and place in a bowl. Place that bowl in a bigger bowl containing hot water to gently melt. Once melted, add the gelatin to the egg mixture and continue to whisk on high speed.
- Switch your mixer to low and slowly whisk in the melted chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the cream. Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream, add a little at a time to retain as much air in the mousse as possible.
- Pour into individual serving dishes. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill
- Before serving, shave or chop the infused Bhang Chocolate on top of each individual serving for precise dosing.